Hot on the heels of my One Lovely Blog nomination, I’ve also been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Paul on Alfreds Almanac – thank you so much, Paul!When I first started blogging I often saw various award badges on blogs – or alternatively ‘award-free blog’ badges on others – and wondered what it was all about. When I realised these awards were being passed on peer-to-peer, as a fun way of being introduced to other bloggers and potentially extending our individual blogging circles, I thought it was a lovely idea 🙂
Rules for accepting this award:
- Display the award on your blog
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you
- Present 10-15 deserving bloggers with the award
- List your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment
- Post seven things about yourself
So, in time-honoured blog award tradition, here are seven facts about myself:
- I love reading, anything and everything – fiction, non-fiction, educational, inspirational, serious or fun 🙂
- I have somewhat eclectic musical tastes, from classical music to rock, R&B, hi-hop, indie… not so keen on pounding, rhythmic rave music though.
- My hobbies include photography and creative writing, and blogging has given me a wonderful creative outlet for both.
- Sometimes I feel quite bewildered to be fifty years old – how did I get here, where have all those years gone?
- I was born in Scotland, and currently live in London, but we don’t plan on staying in London forever.
- I’m not sure how I feel about the question of Scottish Independence – I don’t get a say in Thursday’s referendum, but it definitely does matter to me, whatever the outcome.
- I drink lots of tea, all day long – how very British of me 🙂
My nominations for passing on The Versatile Blogger Award are:
As ever, if anyone I’ve nominated here doesn’t want to participate, that’s absolutely no problem at all, but please do consider your blogs very much appreciated, and hopefully it’s the thought that counts!
And yes, I know that’s only 5, not 10-15 – but with so many blogs already showing this award, and with so many others stating they wish their blogs to be award-free, at least it’s a start! 🙂