I’m delighted to have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Colleen on Silver Threading – thank you so much! I’m truly feeling the blog love, and am happy both to receive, and to pass on to others, this virtual hug ❤ … blogging is such a lovely way to network with others, some who share similar lifestyles and interests to my own, and some who are very different, but in many ways we are all one big blogging family and it’s lovely to have everyone’s support 🙂
According to the award rules, I have to give seven facts about myself, so here goes:-
1. I was born in Aberdeen, Scotland, just a couple of weeks after President Kennedy was assassinated.
2. I’ve known my husband for forty years, since I was ten years old and he was twelve – we’ve been good friends for all that time, have been a couple for the past fourteen years, and married for the last two!
3. I have three beautiful children, all grown up now, and three gorgeous granchildren I absolutely adore.
4. I’ve struggled with depression for most of my life, but try not to let it get me down any more than it has to 😦
5. I graduated with a first class honours degree in Psychology and Sociology at the age of forty – I’m a life-long learner, always happy to try something new 🙂
6. I love cooking – and eating! My food tends to be a fusion of my native Scottish/ British recipes, my husband’s native Cajun cooking from the Louisiana swamps, and the heady mix of European/ African/ Asian cuisine that makes up London’s cumulative cooking culture.
7. I have a tattoo of a purple butterfly on my left shoulder.
So now it’s my turn to nominate others for this Lovely Blog Award :-
I hope all my nominees feel happy to participate too – hope I’ve done this right, and happy blogging everyone! 🙂